Thursday, November 12, 2009

So close to the Finish!!

Life has been so crazy busy for me lately, writing on this blogpage seems to be low on the list of priorities. But for my one reader (Grandma!) I'll do a quick update on life in the Patroff household.
I am 5 weeks away from finishing the semester! And only 6 months away from graduating as a Registered Nurse :) Wow, just writing that still seems so unreal to me. I feel like that day will never come! After years of waiting and studying and sacrificing, the finish line is finally coming into view. It will have taken me 7 years of school to accomplish that goal. Luke was just a baby when I started going to school part time and he will be 7 years old in January. I sincerely hope that the wait was worth it!! And it hasn't been just a sacrifice for me, but for my whole family. But none of my guys have ever complained about it. They've been nothing but supportive to me, and I can't wait for them to see me graduate in the spring.
As far as everyone else in the house goes, everyone is doing well, and there's not much to report. We did take Trae in for his bi-annual cardiologist check-up and all is well with him, thank God. His doctor actually wants to try to take him off of his medication, which I have mixed feelings about. He's been on this med since he was a year old and we were told he would be on it for his entire life. But there are different opinions among doctors about whether being on this med is actually necessary or even helps his condition. But, we decided to try it and see how he is in 6 months, so now he is on a half dose of what he was (a beta-blocker has to be weaned down, they can't just stop it cold turkey) So far, he seems to be at least acting the same, so we'll see when we go back in April if anything has changed. Riley has his bi-annual appointment next month, so keep him in prayer, believing for good reports :)
Here's some pictures of my boys on Halloween this year. They all went as Star Wars characters - what else would they be?

2 comments:

Isaac Downing said...

I'm reader #2!

Rachel and I are so excited for you to finish school. It's so apparent how hard you've worked for this.

Not to sound patronizing (since I'm still your little brother) but I'm so proud of you! :)

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

I guess I'm reader #3!

Congrats on your school, that is a big accomplishment!

It is fun to see your little Halloween Darth Vader. No princesses at your house?

Congrats on your schooling. That is a great accomplishment.