Saturday, November 14, 2009

My crazy morning

So, yesterday, I had one of the worst mornings I've had in a while. It started when Riley decided he didn't want to go to school that morning. He usually complains a little bit but is really fine with it and he walks into the room with a big smile. Yesterday, he decided to really not want to go to school, and he cried all the way there. His crying always makes me more stressed out and wanting to cry myself.
While on the way to school, I was waiting to turn right onto a one-way street, so, of course, I was looking left, seeing if I could turn on red. I started to pull out only to nearly run over 2 pedestrians crossing the street in front of my car! They were fine, thank God, but I was not. I pulled into the parking garage, totally shaking, and now I really was crying, along with Riley.
After getting Riley to his class, (sad, but no longer crying), I managed to settle down and take a test in my class that morning.
Later in the morning, I was taking the elevator up to the 3rd floor and the girls who were also in the elevator decided to squeeze as many people in the elevator as they could (about 10 or so). This was fine until we actually got up to the 3rd floor and the doors didn't open! Now, even tho I am closterphobic, I am usually ok on elevators, knowing that the doors will open and I can get out. When I am packed in the elevator and the doors don't open, I start to freak out. I almost immediately started sweating, and breathing hard, and eventually, crying again. Since I am not a loud or dramatic person, only a couple people noticed that I wasn't ok. Thankfully, we were only trapped about 10 minutes or so, but it was the longest 10 minutes of my life! It took a little while for me to really calm down after getting out, and at that point, all I wanted to do was go home!
So, I think I will be taking the stairs in that building for a while, even if I am huffing and puffing by the time I get to the third floor! The good news of the day was, I actually got a B on my test that morning!

1 comment:

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

Hey, we missed you on Sunday. We ate lunch after church with the rest of your family!! Maybe next time we'll get to catch you!