Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Make a Wish Update

I know I've already told many people about the latest updates with Trae's wish, but it is our favorite subject in this house to talk about! So, for those who don't know what's going on, here's the latest:
Trae's official wish was to go to the beach and to swim with the dolphins. We heard from our "wish granter" a few months ago, and she asked if she could send us to Orlando, FL where Trae (and Luke and I) will be swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove. She later asked if we would also like to go to Sea World and Universal Studios while we are in Florida. The answer is, of course, yes!
Well, a few weeks ago, we finally heard from them again with the official dates for the trip, which is June 22-27. We are flying out of Bloomington to Atlanta, then to Orlando, where we are staying. We are getting a ride in a limo to and from the airport in Bloomington. And basically everything else is being taken care of by them: new luggage, spending money, our itinerary, a car rental while we are there, food, hotel, EVERYTHING!
Everytime I start thinking about the trip, I just feel so blessed - like we've won a prise or something. But, I know this trip is really for Trae. He is the one who deserves it. He's gone through more in 7 1/2 years than I will ever go through! I could never say thank you enough to Make-a-Wish for what they are doing for us.
Only 9 more weeks! We are counting down!!!

No comments: